LIVESTRONG Philly

Hello again friends!

When I first started training for the MS 150, I came across an event for LIVESTRONG Challenge in Philly. I've been a big fan of LIVESTRONG since I started cycling, because of it's ties to cycling in the first place, but also because of their awesome website www.livestrong.com (not to be confused with livestrong.org), where I was encouraged to eat properly and make better lifestyle choices.

So when I saw the event, I felt like I had to ride it. I told Sarah, and she asked me to wait and see how I felt after the 150, to make sure that I would be up for something like LIVESTRONG. I promised that I would wait until the 150 was over, and then make my decision. (This was all an act. I knew I was going to ride from the beginning, I just wasn't saying anything until the 150 was over.)

And so here we are. I felt like I had an amazing ride at the 150, and more importantly, I feel like I have even more amazing rides in me. So, on August 21st, my Roadkill Warriors team mate Travis and I will drive to Philly to take place in the 70 mile challenge. Once again, we'll be raising funds for LIVESTRONG, and the minimum donation is $250. I went ahead and set the goal at $300, just to be a bit over-the-top.

I know many of you have given generously for the MS 150, so if another donation is a hardship for you, know that I will gladly accept your prayers and your encouraging comments here on the Crankset. However, if you're able to give even just $5 or $10 donations, I would be extremely grateful! I'm pretty sure we will have no problem meeting our goal of $300 in just a few short weeks!

Thanks so much for your encouragement and support! Let's keep the wheels spinning!

Godspeed,

Jason


0 comments:

Post a Comment