Training Ride Episode Three and Four: Against the Wind

















Hello friends!


Sorry its been a bit since I've updated! I've actually taken two training rides since my last post, trying to get as many rides in between the raindrops as I can. 


My attention has been on working on hills, both uphill and downhill. Downhill because I'm a tremendous nerd who's afraid of biting it at high speeds. So I've been doing my best to leave the Montour Trail behind, and spend a bit more time in South Park, where the hills are a bit more challenging. 


On Sunday the 17th, I hit up South Park after my typical church activities. Now, I only managed to go for 13 some odd miles, because the wind was so unreal I was almost blown off the road twice. I had to stop at the top of the hill (by the Buffalo Pen, whose smell added to the experience) to hide behind a parked car to get out of the wind. I cut the ride short at that point, but 13 miles was nothing to sneeze at!


Today I was completely unprepared to ride. I had looked at the weather report last night, and was told that we'd be experiencing world-ending thunderstorms. When I woke up, the sunny skies begged to differ. So with absolutely no plan in place, my route looks a bit like a kindergartner went to town on the map with a Crayon. I really just hopped in the saddle and went for a ride. It felt like it would probably feel if you hadn't been on a bike or worked out in any other way for a week. My legs are crazy sore, but I still managed to swing 17 miles. 


We're still a little bit behind the ball on the new goal of $400 before the ride. If you haven't done so yet, please make sure to click on the banner to the left and make a donation. Even just $5 or something like that would be an amazing way to help support the team, and hopefully do away with MS. 


The weather says rain all week, but I've been lied to before!


Godspeed,


Jason

0 comments:

Post a Comment