In to the gym!

Hello again friends!

After about a month of just miserable weather here in the 'Burgh, and realizing that working out only one day a week was just not going to get it done, I decided that I needed to do a better job of spending rainy days in the gym.

At the start of the year, I joined Bally's specifically to start getting in shape for the MS 150. What's hilarious is that one of the things that attracted me the most to Bally's was the pool, and I don't think I've used it more than three times! Much more lately I have loved using the indoor track, which is a bit more fun for me than running on a treadmill.

So two days into this week, and I've been to the gym both days! On Monday I worked through a routine that Ed taught me from Men's Health. It's a crazy workout, but it's really good fun! Tonight I didn't feel like going to the gym at all, so I did a lighter workout just to make sure I went. I started with a few laps around the track, and then busted into Lance's workout. I finished up doing lunges around the track with 30 pound weights in each hand.

The moral of the story (at least for me) of gym training during these rainy days is to just try to keep everything where it is between rides. I was really bummed with my performance on the training ride on Saturday, so I want to try to avoid that happening again.

The fun part is that the best day in terms of weather this week is going to be Thursday. My busiest day a work? You guessed it!

Thanks for reading along and for the support! See you all soon!

Godspeed,

Jason


0 comments:

Post a Comment