Training Ride Episode 5



Hello friends!

Today was another great training ride! What made this ride even more memorable was that my good friend Ian was home, and we did this ride together. He bikes significantly more than I do, and so he had a lot of great tips to offer me, particularly when it comes to climbing hills and not suffocating!

The best news was that mother nature has finally decided to play along. And even better than that, it looks like she plans on playing along all week! Although, as a form of payment for the beautiful day, I was under attack by the bees of South Park all day! Ian and I were engaged in a nerve racking few hundred feet as a bee was stuck to my jersey, and Ian was trying to swat him without pushing his stinger into my arm. I escaped un-stung, only to have a bee fly into one of the vents of my helmet, and get stuck in there. I hit the brakes hard enough to almost flip off the bike, threw my helmet to the ground and release the offender. Scary times people.

More to come!


0 comments:

Post a Comment